Your services help other businesses stand out from the competition. With your copywriting website, you can show potential clients how they can achieve more with the crisp copy and insightful content that you provide. You probably already know how important a website is to creating customer relationships and establishing a brand—you’re already great at making that happen for your clients, after all. When it comes to your own website, you need to make sure you’re on your A-game to let potential clients know what you can do for their business by featuring awesome writing, great visuals, and streamlined calls-to-action.
What should I include on my copywriting website?
An effective website for your copywriting business should include:
- Your logo, business name, and a link to your contact information
- A few high-quality images of you and anything else that expresses your brand identity
- Samples of work you’re proud of and links to your full portfolio
- Examples of the results you’ve achieved for your clients
- A list of the services you provide and pricing (if that works for your business model)
- The types of writing you specialize in (e.g. websites, ads, blogs) and your industry niche (e.g. wellness, technology, real estate)
- Testimonials from satisfied clients
- An About section where you can talk about your approach and expertise and show off any certifications you have
- Essential contact details like your email address, phone number, and a contact form as well as your social media handles
Tell a compelling brand story with an engaging copywriting website.
Your website is where you can give potential clients a preview of your skillset. It’s a hub for your portfolio and a place to show off the work you’ve done and the results that your writing produces. It’s important to center your most relevant writing samples and highlight how your work has made an impact for the business you’ve worked with.
Even though you’re a writer, you also need to make sure that your site has more than just words on it. Great design and well-curated images can help you add more professional flair to your site and help clients see themselves in your services. It’s a great idea to include a few pictures of yourself so that clients can put a face to the scroll-stopping copy that you’ve written on your site.
No website is complete without effective calls to action. Setting up an embedded contact form and making it as easy as possible for potential clients to get in touch makes it more likely that they will reach out to you. When visitors have a seamless customer journey through your site, you demonstrate that you can create that same frictionless experience for their customers across their most important channels.
Where do I start if I want to build a copywriting website?
Creating a website isn’t always easy. You might specialize in writing copy for other people’s websites, but there are many elements outside of great copy that go into an awesome site. Even though there are a lot of helpful website building tools, there’s still a steep learning curve and it can take time to put together something professional when you’re not a designer. Hiring a website developer can be very expensive and it’s also time-consuming to go back and forth with someone else about what you want the site to look like.
Durable’s AI website builder helps you write outstanding copy, finds images, chooses colors and fonts, and puts it all together in a beautiful layout in seconds so that you can get back to wordsmithing your clients’ content.