According to Siteefy, as of 2023, there are 1.11 billion websites on the internet. If your reading speed is 300 words per minute, by the time you’re done reading this article, there will be over 1750 new websites.
Of these websites, 18 million are built using website builders.
A lot of factors go into choosing a website builder to use. For example, yes, Wix is popular, but is it the best for your business needs? Durable leverages AI to build a website in 30 seconds, but will it fit what you’re looking for?
So, which one should you go with in 2024?
Web.com vs. Wix vs. Durable at a Glance
Durable eliminates the traditional complexities associated with website development.
Let’s face it. Drag-and-drop website builders also take long hours. You need to know where to place what and write copy for the entire website.
If you’re not tech-savvy, the chances of coming up with a stale website are very high.
Now, imagine getting a complete, tailored website in just 30 seconds. Sounds too good to be true?
See Durable in action:
- Go to the Durable landing page and click “Generate your Website.”
- Next, enter your business type. If you’re not sure, click on “See some suggestions.”
- Enter where your business is located.
- Next, enter your business name. If you don’t have a name yet, click “See some suggestions.”
- That’s it. Wait for Durable to generate your website.
The whole process takes only 30 seconds (or even less).
But Durable’s magic doesn't end at quick website builds. You get access to a powerful suite of AI tools to supercharge your online venture.
From managing customers with an intelligent CRM to effortless invoicing and even an AI assistant to guide you. Durable packs everything into one neat package.
AI-Powered Instant Website Creation
In just 30 seconds, Durable crafts websites that resonate with your brand’s essence and industry-specific requirements.
This isn't just about speed, though. Each design element, image, and content is meticulously chosen, ensuring a tailored user experience.
And if you’re not happy with the outcome, you can always customize the generated website. Or let's say you want a different copy on a certain section. You can always click “Regenerate.”
Note, to customize, you need to sign up.
Comprehensive AI Suite
Durable goes beyond the ordinary, presenting itself as an AI website builder and a holistic digital solution.
Its AI suite encompasses a range of tools designed to optimize your business:
- CRM integration: Manage customer relationships seamlessly with Durable's smart CRM. It stores customer information and uses AI to analyze patterns, helping you understand your audience better and craft strategies that resonate. The CRM also lets you respond to leads with personalized responses in one click.
- AI Assistant: The AI Assistant is ever-present to guide, support, and ensures you make the most of Durable's offerings. You can use it to generate ideas, marketing strategies or even ask it to complete admin tasks for you.
Google Ad Writer
Using advanced AI algorithms, this feature crafts compelling ad copies tailored for your target audience.
It studies your business, understands the nuances, and delivers ads that resonate, drive engagement, and catalyze conversions.
Durable has three plans. All come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free: Ideal for beginners and entrepreneurs.
- Startup: $12/month: Ideal for entrepreneurs wanting to carve a niche without investing heavily.
- Business: $20/month: Designed for taking your business to the next level.
Positives of Durable
- Cost-effective solution: With a freemium offering and paid plans starting at just $12 a month, Durable is competitively priced in the market. And its real value becomes evident when considering the hidden costs saved.
- Tailored for non-techies: Durable's platform is specifically designed for individuals who might not have a background in website design or digital marketing.
- Comprehensive business toolkit: Beyond just website building, we offer an integrated suite of AI-focused tools, including a CRM, invoicing tool, and AI assistant. This all-in-one approach provides you with the tools you need to manage and grow your business.
- Efficient localization: During the onboarding process, we let you enter your business location. This geolocation feature provides localized content, SEO optimization, and design elements relevant to your region.
Downsides of Durable
- Limited customization in structure: Built on a block system, Durable's structure provides ease and simplicity for users. However, this also means a certain level of rigidity in website design.
- Misconceptions about AI capabilities: With AI at the heart of Durable's offerings, some users have overly ambitious expectations. They believe that the AI can handle any request or demand they pose, not realizing that AI, while advanced, still operates within certain parameters and needs to be programmed for specific tasks. However, AI is inherently adaptive. With time and more data, Durable AI will continue to improve, bridging the gap between user expectations and its current capabilities.
Web.com provides an award-winning website builder, hosting, domain name registration, and various digital marketing services.
Web.com offers an easy-to-use drag-and-drop website builder. It lets you customize your site’s look and functionality in a user-friendly interface. It offers you predesigned content blocks that you can use to make video galleries and promotional banners.
This web builder also provides e-commerce and WordPress tools.
AI Copywriting Tool
Content remains the backbone of effective online engagement. If your website content is poorly written and SEO optimized, it will be hard to attract visitors, let alone convert them to customers.
The Web.com AI copywriting tool is designed to produce fresh and unique copy. It ensures the content you get isn't generic but is tailored to resonate with your target audience.
The AI tool is calibrated to ensure that the generated content is SEO-friendly. This allows your website to gain better visibility on platforms like Google.
The AI tool produces content for blog posts, social media copy, etc.
Web.com's suite of marketing tools is geared towards enhancing visibility and engagement.
Web.com takes marketing seriously because they include marketing tools as a feature in their paid plans.
- Email marketing: Emails are a powerful direct communication channel, so Web.com offers robust tools to craft and dispatch email campaigns. They provide attractive templates and detailed analytics on open rates and engagement. This equips businesses with everything they need for effective email outreach.
- Social scheduling: Consistency is crucial in social media. With Web.com’s social scheduling tool, you can plan and automate your posts to ensure your audience remains engaged and informed regularly.
- Powerful design tools: Web.com provides image editing and filtering options, empowering users to refine their visuals to perfection before dispatching their campaigns.
Built-in Web Hosting
A website's performance is as crucial as its design. According to KissMetrics, 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less, and 40% abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
Web.com understands this and offers integrated web hosting with its website builder.
With Web.com's hosting, websites are optimized for swift loading, ensuring visitors aren't left waiting—a key factor in improving search engine rankings.
web.com’s hosting solution also comes with reliable backup tools. So in the event of any digital mishap, your website's data remains safe and can be restored with minimal hassle.
One Free Hour of Web Design Support
While tools and automated solutions are incredibly valuable, sometimes one needs the human touch—expertise that understands the intricacies of design and user experience.
Web.com’s offer of an hour of free web design support means that you can connect with seasoned professionals.
You get tailored solutions. Remember that each website has its unique challenges and requirements. The design support isn't a generic troubleshooting but is tailored to your specific needs and challenges.
Web.com offers four payment plans:
- Website: $4.95 per month - Renews at $15.99 per month after the first year - For starting a simple blog.
- Website + Marketing: $7-95 per month - Renews at $21.99 monthly -Ideal for online appointments and marketing.
- Online Store: $13.95 per month - Renews at $13.95 monthly - For selling products and accepting online payments.
- Online Marketplaces: $19.95 per month - Renews at $19.95 monthly after the first year - Has automated features for scaling your business.
Positives of Web.com
- Reliable hosting: Web.com's hosting is reliable and secure. This means your website will be up and running 24/7, and your visitors' data will be safe.
- Affordable pricing: Web.com's pricing is very affordable, especially for small businesses. This means that you can create a professional website without breaking the bank.
What Could Be Better
- Limited customization: Web.com's website builder is not as customizable as other website builders like WordPress. You may be unable to create a website that looks exactly how you want it to.
- High renewal rates: Web.com's introductory rates are very attractive, but the renewal rates are much higher. You may be surprised by how much you have to pay after the first year.
- No free plan: Web.com doesn’t offer a free plan, so you have to pay for at least one month of service. This can be a barrier to entry for some small businesses.
Founded in 2006, Wix, a cloud-based web development platform, is only second to WordPress in popularity.
Wix has a drag-and-drop interface that makes adding and moving content around your website easy.
This platform is loaded:
- It has over 800 templates
- Over 500 power web apps
- It can integrate with third-party tools like SEMrush
- It offers 24/7 support
Here are some more unique features of Wix:
- Wix Logo Maker: This is a free tool that you can use to create a professional logo for your website. The logo maker is easy to use and even includes a library of customized pre-made logos.
- Wix Editor X: A new drag-and-drop website builder designed for more experienced users. Editor X gives you more control over the design of your website and allows you to code your elements.
- Wix ADI: A suite of artificial intelligence tools that help you create a better website in minutes. These tools help you optimize your website for search engines and generate content.
Wix ADI is designed to automate the process of website creation.
With Wix ADI, you answer a series of questions about your business or personal needs, and the tool automatically creates a website for you.
However, unlike Durable, which generates everything for you, in Wix ADI, you must choose themes and pages you want to go into your website.
Velo by Wix
Think of it as a high-tech workshop for your website. Velo provides a complete development platform, allowing you to create more intricate and custom website functions.
Velo connects smoothly with Wix's databases. So if you're building a site that needs to store info (like an online shop or a blog), you can easily set it up.
Powerful App Market
The Wix App Market has over 250 apps to add to your Wix website. These apps add new features and functionality to your website, such as:
- Booking systems
- Contact forms
- Social media integration
You can search for apps by category or keyword and read reviews from other users before you install an app.
There are both free and paid apps. Free apps are a great way to add basic functionality to your website, and paid apps can give you more advanced features.
Wix Point of Sale (POS)
If you're selling things in real life and online, you want a system that can handle both. That’s where Wix POS comes in.
- Unified inventory: Sell a product in your physical store, and the stock numbers update on your online shop. This ensures you don’t promise customers something you can’t deliver.
- Flexible payment options: Accept a range of online and offline payment methods, keeping your sales flowing smoothly.
- Integrated with Wix e-commerce: Everything syncs up. So, managing orders, tracking inventory, or analyzing sales data is unified in one place.
Free Marketing Tools
Here's a breakdown of some of their free marketing tools:
- QR code generator: With Wix's QR Code generator, you can quickly create codes that lead customers to your website, promotions, or any URL you choose.
- Business card maker: With Wix's tool, you can design and print cards that match your brand.
- Form builder: Let’s say you want feedback or need sign-ups for an event. You can create customized forms that suit these needs with the Form Builder.
- Branded app: Rather than just having a website, why not have your mobile app? Wix lets you create a branded app. It's a powerful way to build loyalty and stay in the minds of your customers.
Wix premium payments are divided into three categories:
Positives of Wix
- Customization options: Beyond the basic building blocks, Wix offers many customization options — a vast template library, design flexibility with Velo, and the Wix App Market.
- Comprehensive all-in-one solution: From website building to hosting, e-commerce solutions to marketing tools.
What Could Be Better
- Template restrictions: Once you’ve chosen a template and started editing your site, switching to a new template requires you to start over. This can be frustrating if you’re designing and decide that another template might fit your needs better.
- Pricing and upselling: While Wix offers a free version, you'll need to opt for one of their premium plans to unlock the platform's potential (like removing Wix ads or getting a custom domain).
Web.com vs. Wix vs. Durable: Usability and Intuitiveness
Web.com provides users with a range of templates and a straightforward dashboard. However, there might be a slight learning curve for absolute beginners.
With its drag-and-drop interface, Wix is known for its user-friendly approach. It’s easy for even novices to create beautiful websites without a hitch. And web developers wanting more customization can use Velo by Wix.
Prioritizing a seamless user experience, Durable offers a streamlined site creation and management process. Its intuitive UI can have users feeling like pros in no time.
Web.com vs. Wix vs. Durable: SEO
Web.com offers basic SEO tools to help users optimize their sites, but advanced features might require third-party integrations.
On the other hand, Wix provides built-in SEO tools and even has an SEO Wiz to guide users in optimizing their sites for search engines.
Durable provides traditional SEO tools and includes an AI-powered tool to generate meta descriptions, giving users an edge in search engine rankings.
Web.com vs. Wix vs. Durable: Site Customization
Web.com offers a range of templates, but customization options can sometimes feel limited, especially for advanced users.
Wix's drag-and-drop builder offers flexibility in site design and layout, making customization comprehensive.
Durable provides users with AI-generated designs which can be tweaked to perfection, offering a blend of automation and personalization.
Web.com vs. Wix vs. Durable: AI Integration
Web.com is more traditional in its approach. AI isn't a strong suit for Web.com.
While Wix does incorporate AI in its design with Wix ADI, it's mainly limited to site design.
Being an AI website platform, Durable offers tools like the Google Ad Writer, AI Assistant, and more, making AI integration its core strength.
Web.com vs. Wix vs. Durable: Value for Money
Web.com offers competitive pricing, but you’ll have to dig deeper into your pockets after one year.
With various pricing tiers, Wix offers value for beginners and businesses, including hosting and domain services.
Durable is completely free to start, and paid plans include access to a suite of AI tools.
Winner: Durable offers real value for money and transparency from day one.
Web.com vs. Wix vs. Durable: Which Should You Choose?
After our in-depth evaluation of Web.com, Wix, and Durable, ensure you understand each platform's strengths and weaknesses. This will help you make a more informed decision based on your individual or business needs.
Let's break it down by key features:
Selecting the right platform for your website is a significant decision.
Durable stands out, especially in AI integration and value for money. The advanced features and intuitive user experience make it an enticing option for those keen on leveraging AI's power to scale their businesses.
So, if cutting-edge AI features and getting the most bang for your buck appeals to you, Durable is the logical choice.